Daedeok R&D Center
Established in 1987, DL Chemical R&D center has made remarkable contributions to the development of technology in the Korean petrochemical industry. The center has marked a series of ‘firsts’ including commercialization of metallocene polyethylene, commercialization of polybutene and exporting petrochemical technology to the U.S market. Daedeok R&D center will continue to develop high value cutting edge technologies to lead the future.
Competitiveness in future technologyWe develop competitive new technologies to lead the market.
Maximization of customer valueWe continue to bolster our competitiveness by improving quality, developing new products and enhancing productivity based on our commitment to maximizing customer value.
Reinforcement of R&D capabilityWe continue to bolster DL Chemical’s R&D capability with the best talents.
R&D areas and accomplishments
PolyethyleneWe are increasing product properties and processability, exploring new goods and application development and offering customers and processing firms with timely and comprehensive technical support.
- Polyethylene quality improvement research and new product development
- Development of new polyethylene uses and research on high functionalization
- Technical support for new product development by processing companies
- Research on the development of eco-friendly products
SpecialtyBased on the response and process research, we create market-leading, high-quality, differentiated goods, and provide relevant technology to our customers.
- Research into the high functionalization of polybutene compounds and the development of novel applications
- Product development research for lube base oil
- New specialty product development and research
Catalytic processMetallocene catalysts and process technologies that have been developed through the use of unique catalyst technology are being applied to the slurry/gas phase of the polymerization process.
We are promoting the development of various high-value-added goods and catalyst/process development as a result of this.
- Investing in research to improve the excellence of manufacturing technology
- Catalyst development, improvement, and process improvement research
BOPP filmsWe have been researching ways to increase product quality, new product and usage research, cost reduction, and fair efficiency.
- New product development research for BOPP films
- Development of new uses for BOPP films
- BOPP cost reduction and quality improvement research
Advanced technology researchThrough an in-depth understanding of technology/product trends, information collection, and research activities targeting future promising businesses such as new polymer materials, we are making every effort to develop new business areas to enhance the company's long-term competitiveness and secure growth.
- Research on new business development tasks and discovery of new growth engines
- Research on new projects and research and development of preliminary and entrusted projects
- Establishment and promotion of new task devising strategies
Metallocene PolyethyleneIt is a product that advances technology through the creation of catalytic manufacturing methods that can be applied to all of the various metallocene catalysts, slurry, and vapor processes.
It is a product that advances technology through the creation of catalytic manufacturing methods that can be applied to all of the various metallocene catalysts, slurry, and vapor processes.Awards
- Received IR52 Jang Young-sil Award (2021)
- Received the Minister of Knowledge Economy Award on Chemical Industry Day (2010)
- Received IR52 Jang Young-sil Award (2014)
- Selected as a world-class product
BMWD HDPEBy utilizing polymerization in two continuous gas phase reactors, we were able to create a product with a bimodal molecular weight distribution even in the gas phase process. It is used for piping, blow, and film applications due to its outstanding processability and long-term physical qualities.
PolybuteneAs Korea’s first general-purpose polybutene developed in 1993, the world's first highly reactive polybutene developed in 2010, the world's first all-purpose-high-reactive polybutene bottle production method, and Korea's first technology export to the US market in 2015, it is a specialty product that has set and broke many of its records in the Korean petrochemical industry. It is used as a lubricant additive and fuel cleaner to boost customer value as a high-quality, eco-friendly product.Awards
- Received IR52 Jang Young- sil Award (1996, 2015)
- Selected as one of Korea's top 100 technologies
- Selected as one of 70 representative technologies for the 70th anniversary of the liberation
HecoSolv DBIt is a novel material that has achieved commercialization for the first time by independently creating catalytic reaction and separation process technology utilizing C4 oil. It has the advantage of enhancing the environment and boosting workability over existing goods due to its low odor features, therefore it can be used for a variety of purposes such as cleaning agents for electronic equipment, road solvents, plasticizers, hydraulic oil, herbicides, and insecticides.
Synthetic OilIt is the first synthetic oil in Korea that is made through the polymerization of both ethylene and propylene based on DL Chemical’s catalyst technology. It serves a wide range of applications including gear oil and viscosity enhancer.
BOPP filmsWe develop special films to satisfy various customer demands including cigarette packing, white opacity, and matte film.
Current Status of Intellectual Property Rights
|Polyethylene Catalyst & Process||42||108||35||68|
|Polybutene Catalyst & Process||27||121||20||70|